Don’t miss these upcoming stories told live @ Dallas City Performance Hall on Wednesday, October 21st.
- Oral Fixation veteran Allison Hatfield takes the stage with her online dating approach to finding Mr. Right — a canine that is.
- Comedian Jim Kuenzer will have you snorting with laughter at his tale of middle school hijinks.
- Pastor Pollo Corral will shock you with his no-holds-barred account of 40 days spent in captivity due to a mismanaged drug deal.
- Dallas Comedy House star Christie Wallace expertly reveals how a special pup made her way into her heart.
- Cathy Hutchison reacts to the terrifying moment of having to tell her mother she was pregnant out of wedlock.
- Hal Karp takes it way back to a memorable childhood prank.
- And crazed, expectant father Wayne Applebaum digs himself a deep hole with his overtaxed wife.
pʊš ðə ɛnvəlop
What does it mean?
– to go further than the usual limits by doing something new, dangerous, etc.: We’re really pushing the envelope on this technology; a lot of other companies are just playing catch-up. (source Cambridge Dictionary).
-to approach the limits of what is possible or acceptable
My best friend likes to push the envelope when we go drinking by forcing me to drink too much.
My cousin is always pushing the envelope by criticizing his parents in rude ways.
Our teacher pushes the envelope by asking us to do activities that are very difficult.
A: Is everything okay?
A: I don’t want to push the envelope, but what would you think if we started dating other people?
B: We’re married! That’s totally unacceptable!
(source: Idiom Meanings)
Recapping Season 4
Our Season 4 wrap party was a very special afternoon. 50 storytellers, members and sponsors mixed and mingled among the friendly sculptures at Dallas artist Brad Oldham’s studio store on Ross downtown near the Aquarium. Deep Eddy provided delicious cocktails and Dive Restaurant offered light bites to celebrate the past season. From adding a second performance at Texas Theatre and the free “Meet & Greet the Cast” event in Oak Cliff to record ticket sales averaging 400 a month to great sponsors and increased donations, it was a remarkable year. The group gathered to hear the announcement of who had been voted to favorite storytellers of Season 4. Read more