Theme: “In the Doghouse”
Storyteller: Allison Hatfield
Veteran storyteller, Allison Hatfield, opened the show with a bang, sharing a story about her online dating approach to finding the dog of her dreams. She finds “puppy love” south of the border in Mexico in her “fluffer-nutter,” Peluso.
Theme: “Push The Envelope”
Storyteller: Donald Griswold
Donald Griswold tells the story of an emotional journey of how the adoption experience brought out the worst in him but eventually ended up saving his life.
For Allison Hatfield it’s all dogs all the time. This month, the veteran storyteller returns to the Oral Fixation stage for the third time for “In the Doghouse,” where she’ll talk about meeting the latest addition to her pack.
Allison Hatfield is a lover, fighter and cupcake eater. She prefers sunrise to sunset, chocolate to vanilla and dogs to cats. This is her third time to appear on the Oral Fixation stage. Unlike in previous tales, in her story for “In the Doghouse,” she keeps all of her clothes on the whole time.
It was a night of inspiration and breaking new ground as Dallas City Performance Hall welcomed Oral Fixation to their new performance home for season 5 opener, “Pushing The Envelope”.
After a painful chapter in his life, Donald Griswold struggled to save a Russian baby. This month, he’ll take the Oral Fixation stage in “Push the Envelope” to talk about how his adopted daughter was actually the one that ended up saving him.
Donald Griswold is completing revisions on his first novel, Dying Light, and owns Dallas-based Dog Star Media. He is a sports fan, patron of the arts, loving father, dog lover and Dallas history aficionado. Avoid asking him about his favorite music, films and craft beers unless you want a lecture.
Don’t miss these upcoming stories told live @ Dallas City Performance Hall on Wednesday September 16
- Will Richey shares the story behind his passion for helping others express themselves.
- Social change activist Christian Yazdanpanah reveals how his childhood struggle with poverty inspires him to push for educational reform.
- Mary Kreider faces her biggest fear in public speaking class.
- After a painful chapter in his life, Donald Griswold discovers the healing power of love through adopting a neglected Russian baby.
- Suzette Drouillard deepens her relationship with her daughter by sending 28 cards in 28 days for her 28th birthday.
- After wandering far from his Orthodox Jewish upbringing in NYC, Wayne Applebaum finds his limits tested when his son develops leukemia.
- Justin Nygren takes a huge risk professionally to keep his family afloat.
Theme: Elephant in the Room
Storyteller: Michael Moore
Michael Moore shares how his childhood of petty drugs and crime morphs into a successful adulthood and the secret that explains it all.
Make sure to follow our RSS, Podcasts, Social Media (Facebook & Twitter) streams and now our YouTube Channel to stay up to date on the published stories. So if you missed out on any of the past shows, you finally get your chance to catch up on the action.