Share Your Story: Stick Together
stɪk \ təˈgɛðər
What does it mean?
– To support each other (Source: Cambridge Dictionary).
– To remain loyal or friendly to one another (Source: Collins English Dictionary).
– To remain in one another’s company (Source: McGraw Hill Dictionary).
– To physically combine by adhesion (Source: Wiktionary).
It’s important that we stick together on this issue (Source: American Heritage Idioms Dictionary).
No matter how old you are—when you go out into the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together (Source: Robert Fulghum).
The Siamese twins had no choice but to stick together (Source: Urban Dictionary).
You have to resolve to stick together as a couple (Source: Cambridge Dictionary).
It isn’t much fun for one, but two can stick together. (Source: Winnie the Pooh).
Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together (Source: Vesta M. Kelly).
How can you get in on it?
We are looking for seven great storytellers to share their own, personal “Stick Together” stories. Takes on the theme can be literal or figurative. If you’ve got a true tale to tell, write it up in 1200 words and send it to us! Possible angles might be:
– How your personal relationship or marriage underwent tremendous turmoil—but survived and became stronger.
– That time you rescued a dog or cat, stuck together through thick and thin—and it changed or saved your life.
– When you became part of a group or team, overcame obstacles—and suddenly felt like you belonged.
– That cause or event when you united with others, banded together—and made your voice known.
– When you realized sticking together with something or someone was the wrong thing to do—and to save yourself, you became unstuck.
If one of these ideas sticks to something in your heart, soul, or mind, go for it! Or send us your own unique take on the theme. Be creative and surprise us! But whatever you decide, get writing, because the last day to offer up your tale is Friday, January 12, at 6pm!
“Stick Together” will take to the Moody Performance Hall (formerly Dallas City Performance Hall) stage on Valentine’s Day: Wednesday, February 14. If you are cast in the show, there is a mandatory rehearsal on Saturday, February 10, from 12-4pm.
Need a little inspiration? Watch this: