Meet the Cast of “Pulling Teeth”
Don’t miss these upcoming stories told live @ Dallas City Performance Hall on Wednesday, April 13.
There’s no better way to sink your teeth into spring than by spending an evening with Big D’s dynamic live storytelling series for adults, Oral Fixation (An Obsession with True Life Tales). Funnier than laughing gas and more effective than Novocain, “Pulling Teeth” is just what the dentist ordered. Taking the Dallas City Performance Hall stage on Wednesday, April 13 at 8 p.m., our seven storytellers will align your smile, definitely strike a nerve, and if your soul has any cavities — they will not only be filled, but crowned. With more wisdom than wisdom teeth, more laughs than nitrous, and more depth than a root canal, this show has it all: Moroccan adventures and small town dentistry, stubborn baby teeth and stubborn colons, Big Daddy wires and Big Apple delinquents, meth-mouth makeovers and cowboy dentist do-overs. The prognosis is positive, but you must fill your prescription. First, though, some introductions are in order:
- As a first-year teacher in NYC, Anna Lassiter toils to save a troubled, violent kid.
- When comedian Greg Silva survives colon cancer, pooping proves problematic.
- Braces and retainers just about do Poonam Desai in.
- OF Veteran Peter Luby discovers the joys of third-world dentistry and marriage.
- Author and attorney Yasmin Waring struggles with both a stubborn father and a stubborn baby tooth.
- Dental school professor Stan Cobb discovers that pain can lead to enlightenment.
- And former meth addict Tracy Hawkins learns the power of second chances and special smiles.
Join us on Wednesday, April 13, at 8 p.m. at Dallas City Performance Hall. $25 indivudal tickets are on sale now. More info to come on every storyteller as their profile is published in the coming days. We can’t wait to see you there!