Meet the Cast of “Out From Under The Rug” [DALLAS]
Don’t miss these upcoming stories told live @ Dallas City Performance Hall on Wednesday, September 21.
This fall, Oral Fixation (An Obsession with True Life Tales) sweeps out the shame with “Out From Under The Rug: True Life Tales of Abortion.” Powerful, personal stories, “Out From Under The Rug” will tug at your heart strings with empowering tales from men and women whose lives have been affected by abortion and women’s rights activism. Taking the Dallas City Performance Hall stage on Wednesday, September 21 at 8 p.m., our eight storytellers will motivate, impact, and encourage audience members to join them in chipping away at the stigma of abortion. From renowned physicians to clinic workers, women’s rights advocates to clergy, and brave young women to devoted best friends, “Out From Under The Rug” will personalize stories that often get distorted by the political spotlight. In advance of the presidential election this November, our presenters will leave viewers with more understanding of real experiences from a variety of different perspectives. Do not miss this show! $25 tickets are on sale now! Keep an eye out for more details: storyteller profiles will be published in coming weeks. First, though, some introductions are in order:
- Unitarian Minister Rev. Daniel Kanter reflects on his life, looking back to a moment in his youth and revealing how one decision shaped his future.
- An abortion provider shares his story of how he came to support women’s rights through his career.
- His best friend wants to have a baby (desperately), but when things go wrong, Clark Harding supports her through a difficult decision.
- Not having any practical or even theoretical knowledge about sex, Lulu Ward gets pregnant at 15.
- Raised in a Mexican Catholic family, Emily Cortez wavers between feeling guilty and believing she made a selfless decision after having an abortion.
- After having an abortion as a teenager, Elise Bilodeau devotes her life to working in an abortion clinic and helping other women.
- Caught up in a brittle on-again-off-again relationship, Britt Payne learns that her pregnancy will not create the stability and life she longs for.
- Show host, Nicole Stewart, opens up about her own personal experience with a late-term abortion due to medical anomaly and her passion to protect women’s reproductive rights.
Join us on Wednesday, September 21, at 8 p.m. at Dallas City Performance Hall. $25 individual tickets are on sale now. More info to come on every storyteller as their profile is published in the coming days. We can’t wait to see you there!