Meet the Cast of “Close To Home”
Don’t miss these stories told live @ Moody Performance Hall on Tuesday, December 19th.
For this holiday season, Oral Fixation is gifting our city with something wondrous: “Close To Home.” Wrapped up special and delivered with grace, this show will open your eyes, warm your heart, and tickle your funny bone. Taking the Moody Performance Hall stage on Tuesday, December 19 at 8 p.m., our seven storytellers will deliver the goods better than Amazon Prime. From fleeing persecution to fighting a takeover, from battling intruders to overcoming viral videos, and from finding a family to finding oneself—“Close To Home” explores and celebrates the human experience like nothing else. Storyteller profiles will be published soon. In the meantime, though, some introductions:
- Iranian refugee Rooha Haghar, 17, spends the summer working at the agency that helped save her life.
- Attorney and U.S. congressional candidate Lorie Burch finds her voice, identity, and purpose.
- When a burglar alarm wails one night, Coleman Easley, then 17, helps search for the “intruder.”
- Writer Tara Humphrey struggles and triumphs through marriage, children, and loss.
- When an edited video goes viral, art teacher Maya Modi’s life is turned upside down.
- Tasked with saving his family’s 100-year-old company, Greg Miller steps up to the plate.
- Adman Jim “Wegs” Wegerbauer receives a letter, setting off a chain of events that all lead to one place—home.
‘Tis the season, so make your plans to join us in the magically beautiful Dallas Arts District and rejoice! Family in town for the holidays? This is the perfect event. $25 tickets are on sale now. Don’t miss this show!