- This event has passed.
Jump Off A Cliff
November 3 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm$40
Oral Fixation (An Obsession with True Life Tales) is kicking off Season 6 with “Jump Off A Cliff”! Headlining this power-packed show is former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson, who sued Fox CEO Roger Ailes for sexual harassment. Carlson’s personal story will draw from her new book, Be Fierce: Stop Harassment and Take Your Power Back, which highlights how she completely transformed her life by jumping off a cliff in her career—a transformation so impactful it inspired Oral Fixation to assemble this special show, featuring an all-female cast:
- Mired in grief over the untimely death of her brother, Amy Pengra Button finds hope from an unlikely activity.
- Attempting to find a new hobby, Dawynn Edwards awkwardly and hilariously braves a climbing gym.
- Searching for connection, Anjelica Ruiz goes against the wishes of her mother and leaves Christianity.
- Emma Vrabel—14, living with albinism, and attending a new school—discovers the power of self-advocacy.
- After nearly two decades of stuffing her emotions, Latvian-born Tereze Gruntmane finds her voice.
- For Rachel McEnany, when previous efforts to conquer her fear and anxiety fell short, she tried something completely different—falling to earth instead.
More info to come on all the storytellers as their profiles will be published in the coming days. In the meantime, please make plans to join us on Friday, November 3, at 8 pm in Hamon Hall in the Winspear Opera House $40 individual tickets can be purchased in person at 2403 Flora Street, by phone at 214.880.0202, or online via Ticket DFW. All tickets to “Jump Off a Cliff” include a copy of Carlson’s new book. Discounted Lexus Parking will be $10.