Dashing through an airport, Amy Pengra Button received the worst news imaginable: the untimely death of her brother, Moss. Missing his presence, she makes a bold choice in dealing with her grief. On Friday, November 3, in “Jump Off A Cliff,” Amy takes the Oral Fixation audience on that journey with her.
Amy Pengra Button’s stories have appeared in Marie Claire and the Los Angeles Times among others. After nine years with Warner Bros. in LA, she returned to Texas to be closer to family and queso. She writes for Freeman, an event experience company, and holds degrees from USC and TCU.
Don’t miss these upcoming stories told live @ Hamon Hall on Friday, November 3.
Oral Fixation (An Obsession with True Life Tales) is kicking off Season 6 with “Jump Off A Cliff”! Headlining this power-packed show is former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson, who sued Fox CEO Roger Ailes for sexual harassment. Carlson’s personal story will draw from her new book, Be Fierce: Stop Harassment and Take Your Power Back, which highlights how she completely transformed her life by jumping off a cliff in her career—a transformation so impactful it inspired Oral Fixation to assemble this special show, featuring an all-female cast:
- Mired in grief over the untimely death of her brother, Amy Pengra Button finds hope from an unlikely activity.
- Attempting to find a new hobby, Dawynn Edwards awkwardly and hilariously braves a climbing gym.
- Searching for connection, Anjelica Ruiz goes against the wishes of her mother and leaves Christianity.
- Emma Vrabel—14, living with albinism, and attending a new school—discovers the power of self-advocacy.
- After nearly two decades of stuffing her emotions, Latvian-born Tereze Gruntmane finds her voice.
- For Rachel McEnany, when previous efforts to conquer her fear and anxiety fell short, she tried something completely different—falling to earth instead.
Help Us Cast the “Best Of Season 5”
The “Best of Season 5” is coming up in August, but first we need your help to pick the cast! Please vote in our survey below or click here.
Don’t miss these upcoming stories told live @ Dallas City Performance Hall on Wednesday, April 13.
There’s no better way to sink your teeth into spring than by spending an evening with Big D’s dynamic live storytelling series for adults, Oral Fixation (An Obsession with True Life Tales). Funnier than laughing gas and more effective than Novocain, “Pulling Teeth” is just what the dentist ordered. Taking the Dallas City Performance Hall stage on Wednesday, April 13t at 8 p.m., our seven storytellers will align your smile, definitely strike a nerve, and if your soul has any cavities — they will not only be filled, but crowned. With more wisdom than wisdom teeth, more laughs than nitrous, and more depth than a root canal, this show has it all: Moroccan adventures and small town dentistry, stubborn baby teeth and stubborn colons, Big Daddy wires and Big Apple delinquents, meth-mouth makeovers and cowboy dentist do-overs. The prognosis is positive, but you must fill your prescription. First, though, some introductions are in order:
- As a first-year teacher in NYC, Anna Lassiter toils to save a troubled, violent kid.
- When comedian Greg Silva survives colon cancer, pooping proves problematic.
- Braces and retainers just about do Poonam Desai in.
- OF Veteran Peter Luby discovers the joys of third-world dentistry and marriage.
- Author and attorney Yasmin Waring struggles with both a stubborn father and a stubborn baby tooth.
- Dental school professor Stan Cobb discovers that pain can lead to enlightenment.
- And former meth addict Tracy Hawkins learns the power of second chances and special smiles.
Join us on Wednesday, April 13, at 8 p.m. at Dallas City Performance Hall. $25 indivudal tickets are on sale now. More info to come on every storyteller as their profile is published in the coming days. We can’t wait to see you there!
Don’t miss these upcoming stories told live @ Dallas City Performance Hall on Tuesday, February 2.
Could there be a better way to break into 2016 than to nab some tickets and together with your accomplices, plan an escape to Dallas City Performance Hall for Tuesday, Feb 2nd, when Big D’s dynamic live storytelling series for adults, Oral Fixation (An Obsession with True Life Tales), presents “Partner in Crime?” We’re kicking it off big and broad: gangsters, bank robbers, armored truck heists, first loves, best friends, acid-dropping golfers, middle-school shoplifting, and a four-legged accessory after the fact. The evidence is in and the jury has ruled — on this crew, you can make bank. In the meantime, how about some quick introductions?
- Darius Frasure lives soaked in the gangster life, where fighting, guns, and death are every day occurrences.
- Finding a partner who truly “gets her,” Haven Abedin puzzles over love and destiny.
- Lyndol Woodruff and his running buddy Cody can’t seem to catch a break; could stealing, doing drugs, and repeatedly going to jail have something to do with it?
- Hanging in New Orleans coffeehouses, welder Brooke Lancaster bonds with a coworker who seems to know a lot about planning a heist.
- Dana Proux-Willis and her fellow eighth-grade criminals become masters of middle-school mayhem.
- Escaping a frighteningly abusive relationship, Nicole Fillion-Robin finds solace in the most unlikely of places.
- Simply trying to get home to Texas, Paul Yanez and his dog Ahgee stall out in a Colorado junkyard.
Join us on Tuesday, February 2, at 8 p.m. at Dallas City Performance Hall. $25 indivudal tickets are on sale now. More info to come on every storyteller as their profile is published in the coming weeks. We can’t wait to see you there!
Dallas’ super-hot live storytelling series for adults returns tonight with the second show of its 5th Season at the stunning Dallas City Performance Hall in the heart of the Arts District. This moth’s “In The Doghouse,” theme provided some of our most laugh-out-loud stories to date, and you’ll surely want to be there when we really start hitting our stride.
Oral Fixation’s fifth season, continues with a “wild, “In The Doghouse”-themed show. There, seven Dallasites will explore both the literal and the figurative meanings of being “In The Doghouse,” from tales of childhood hijinks and tug-at-your-heart dog adoption stories, to one incredible true life tale about a drug dealer who gets kidnapped and tortured by cartel henchmen for 40 days in a Juarez safe house. Needless to say, this 80-minute evening is not to be missed!
Have you ever been to our new venue Dallas City Performance Hall? It is simply amazing. Located at 2520 Flora Street, Dallas, TX 75201, the venue is situated between the Wyly Theatre and One Arts Plaza, across the street from Booker T. Washington High School in the heart of the Arts District. From the comfortable built-in movie theatre-style seating to the fact you can bring your alcoholic beverages into the theatre to its state of the art lights, video and sound capabilities, it is going to rock your world! Valet and self-parking is available at One Arts Plaza, surface lots on Ross Avenue or park free at a meter on Ross. Surrounding dining options before the shows include Lark on the Park, Proof + Pantry, Savor and Stephen Pyles. You’re going to want to make a habit of catching up with friends at our shows and hitting the town.
JOIN THE FUN:
Flex passes and $25 individual tickets can be purchased at the door, by phone at (888) 454-4353, or online through Prekindle. Group and student discounts are available. Students show their ID at the door for $15 tickets.
Hal Karp learned the hard way that being a frequent victim of bullying can oft spur the development of a keen sense of humor. This month, he’ll get a hilarious brand of revenge when he takes the Oral Fixation stage for “In the Doghouse.”