She can handle any shit the world throws her way. And next week Rhoni Golden will take the Oral Fixation stage, using her poop-filled tales to spread some honest to goodness autism awareness in “Writing On The Wall.”
Get to know the cast of “Writing On The Wall”
before the show!
Please join The Wild Detectives in welcoming Oral Fixation (An Obsession with True Life Tales), Dallas’ buzzy live storytelling series, to Oak Cliff for a special intimate Meet & Greet event on Wednesday, March 11th from 7:30-9p.m.!
After receiving a record number of story submissions, March’s Oral Fixation show is already shaping up to be a breathtaking show features a dizzying array of points of view that will wow you. Grab a notebook and pen and settle in, because for our penultimate show of Season 4, seven Dallasites will boldly face up the unshakable truth in “Writing on the Wall.”
- Rhoni Golden, who shares a hysterical tale of the poop-smeared trials of having an autistic child.
- Rene Rivera, who shares how she is finally forced to recognize her husband’s mental illness.
- Haven Abedin, who reveals the kindness of strangers after her ailing mother takes a terrible fall.
- Phillip Morales, who credits a childhood fight with his discovering his passion for words.
- R. Jane Hardin, who takes us back to 1968 when an unplanned pregnancy turned into domestic violence.
Creator Nicole Stewart will be in attendance with the cast of storytellers before their March 16th & 25th “Writing On The Wall” shows. Enjoy the always fantastic literary atmosphere at The Wild Detectives and learn how you can plug into this sizzling story-loving community as an audience member, a story-sharer or both!
Check out scenes from our last Meet & Greet event for “Two Peas In A Pod”…
At this *FREE* event, join us for a creative conversation about the editing process, excerpts from “Writing On The Wall” stories, testimonials from past storytellers and a DRAWING FOR FREE TIX TO “Writing On The Wall” at Texas Theatre! Beverages (beer, wine, coffee & more) and light bites will be available for sale. RSVP on the Facebook event page now.
We can’t wait to see you there!